SAUSAGE, POTATO AND GREEN BEAN FOIL PACKETS
1 (12.8 oz) package Sausage thinly sliced
1 Lb. Baby Red Potatoes, quartered
1 Lb. green Beans, trimmed
8 Oz. Cremini Mushrooms, halved
1 Onion chopped
4 Tbsp unsalted Butter, divided
4 Tsp Cajun Seasoning, divided
Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp chopped fresh Parsley Leaves
1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
2. Cut four sheets of foil, about 12 inches long. Divide Sausage, Potatoes, Green Beans,
Mushrooms and Onions into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single
3. Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add butter, Cajun Seasoning, Salt and Pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the Sausage, covering completely and sealing the packet closed.
4. Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.*
5. Serve immediately, garnish with Parsley, if desired.
* This can also be baked for 18-20 minutes at 425 degrees F. in your oven.
BBQ CHICKEN FOIL PACKS
4 Chicken Breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
2 Cups BBQ Sauce
2 Cups Pineapple Tidbits, drained
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Small Red Onion, diced
1. Heat grill or oven to 375 degrees. Cut 4 large sheets of foil.
2. In med bowl, toss chicken breasts and BBQ Sauce until chicken is fully coated.
3. Divide chicken pieces, pineapple, peppers, and onion evenly over each piece of foil.
4. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight ½ inch fold, fold again, allowing space on sides for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides and seal.
CAJUN SHRIMP FOIL PACKETS
18 Pieces Corn on the cob (6 ears cut in thirds)
4 Red Potatoes, washed and cubed
25 Uncooked Shrimp
1 Pound Smoked Sausage, cut into chunks
½ Cup Melted Butter or Olive Oil, to taste
½ Cup Chicken Broth (you may not need that much.)
1 Tbsp Cajun/Creole Seasoning, to taste (Tony Chachere’s is good)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Can also add Italian Sausage, chicken pieces, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Onion, Celery, Carrots, etc.
1. Heat grill or oven to 400 degrees.
2, Cut 4 foil sheets heavy duty approx 12 X 18” each; and place corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage in the middle of each.
3. Drizzle melted butter and about 2 Tbsp chicken broth over each packet.
4. Season evenly, with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND VEGGIE FOIL PACKETS
16 Oz. Smoked Italian Sausage
2 Cups Baby Red Potatoes quartered
¾ Cup Yellow Onion, diced
½ Cup Cremini Mushrooms, diced
3 Small Bell Peppers ( 1 Red, 1 Yellow or Orange, and 1 Green)
4 Cloves Garlic, optional
4 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
½ Tbsp each: Dried Basil, dried Oregano, dried Parsley, Garlic Powder
½ Tsp each: Onion Powder, dried Thyme
⅛ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes optional
⅓ Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated, optional
Optional Fresh Parsley, salt and pepper
1. Prepare grill to med-high heat. If using oven preheat to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare 4-6 sheets foil heavy duty. Lightly spray with cooking oil. If using the oven you can use packets or a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Wash and dry the veggies.
4. Slice Sausage
5. Cut Potatoes in quarters.
6. Dice Onions and Mushrooms.
7. Remove stems and seeds from peppers and thinly slice.
8. Add Sausage, Veggies, and Garlic to a large bowl. Toss with Olive Oil and seasonings.
9. Toss until well combined.
10. Divide mixture evenly on foil sheets or baking pan. Try to be sure 1 clove garlic gets in each foil packet.(you will discard the garlic in the end but it infuses everything with an awesome garlic flavor)
Seal packets tightly so no air escapes, but do not double up foil. (only one sheet of foil per pack.)
11. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until veggies are tender. (Flip the foil packs at the halfway point and check for doneness to see if grill is hot enough.)
12. Bake in foil packs. Bake for 30-40 minutes. (at 30 minutes veggies are crisp. At 40 minutes veggies are very tender.
13. To bake on sheet pan without foil 30-35 minutes, flipping/stirring ingredients once at halfway point.
14. Carefully open the packets expecting steam to release. Remove Garlic Cloves and Discard. Garnish if desired with fresh chopped parsley, any additional salt/pepper, and freshly grated cheese.
15. Serve immediately.
HOT HAM AND SWISS CROISSANTS
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
4 Croissants split
8 slices Swiss Cheese
1 Lb. Deli Ham
1. Mix the mustard, honey and brown sugar together.
2. Spread the honey mustard mixture on each side of the 4 split croissants.
3. Place a slice of cheese on each half.
4. Top the bottom half of each croissant with however much ham you would like.
5. Place two halves back together.
6. Wrap in foil.
7. Place in fridge for later or place in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Indirect heat is best if using the grill.
CAMPING MAC & CHEESE
I have not made this one but it sounded pretty good.
10 Oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
8 Oz. can diced Green Chilies, drained
10 Oz. can evaporated milk (not condensed milk)
¼ Cup Yellow Onion , finely chopped
4 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Lb. Elbow Macaroni, cooked according to package directions. Can cook before you go camping and drizzle a little Olive Oil over it and mix through so it doesn’t stick together.
2 Tomatoes, diced
½ Cup Tortilla Chips, crushed (optional)
2 Tbsp Cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
1. Heat cheese, green chilies, evaporated milk, onion, cumin, and salt over low heat; stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
2. Add the Macaroni and stir to combine. Once the pasta is heated through incorporate the Tomatoes.
3. Portion into bowls, sprinkle with crushed Tortilla Chips and Cilantro.
ENERGY BOOSTING TRAIL MIX
1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1 Cup Raw Almonds
1 Cup Raw Walnuts or Pecans
1 Cup Cashews Roasted and Lightly Salted
½ Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Dried Cherries or Cranberries
¾ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Place Coconut Flakes in a small skillet on the stove. Toast over med-low heat, until lightly golden and fragrant, gently stirring often. This should take only 2 or 3 minutes; watch the coconut carefully so it does not burn. Let cool before mixing with other ingredients.
2. Place toasted coconut and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl or storage container, stir to mix. Store Trail Mix in an airtight container at room temperature, or divide into individual portions in ziploc baggies. ¼ cup is a perfect serving size.
CAMPFIRE BANANA BOATS
Servings 1 Banana Boat
2 Tbsp Milk Chocolate (chopped from a bar or chocolate chips)
8 Mini Marshmallows
1 Graham Cracker Square
1. Take a Banana with its peel still on and cut it down the middle (along the concave side) Not all the way through, but until the tip of your knife just grazes the peel on the other side. Pull the peel and banana slightly apart.
2, Stuff the Chocolate and Mini Marshmallows (or other fillings, see notes) into the center of the Banana.
3. Wrap the Banana in foil. Place on a campfire or grill until fillings have melted and Banana has warmed through, about 10 minutes.
4. Unwrap Banana and top with crushed Graham Cracker.
Other Creative Banana Fillings
STRAWBERRY HAZELNUT: Banana + Strawberries + Nutella + Chopped Hazelnuts
SAMOAS: Banana + Chocolate Chips + Caramel Sauce + Toasted Coconut
DDULCE DE LECHE: Banana + Chocolate + Dulce de Leche Sauce + Coconut Shreds
VEGAN: Banana + Dark Chocolate + Dandies Mini Marshmallows
PB & C: Banana + Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chips
HONEY GINGER: Banana + Honey + Candied Ginger + White or Dark Chocolate
BANANA SPLIT: Banana + Milk Chocolate + Marshmallows + Cherries
PECAN PRALINE: Banana + Pralines + Dark Chocolate
RASPBERRY DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP OVERNIGHT OATS
3 Cups (240g) Rolled Oats, not quick cook
1 Cup (125g) Fresh Raspberries
⅓ Cup (58g) Dark Chocolate Chips
Pinch of Salt
1 ½ Cups (360ml) Milk
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp Agave Nectar/Honey/Sweetener, or Canderel Sweetner
1. Place Oats, Raspberries, Chocolate Chips and Salt in a large bowl and stir briefly to combine.
2. Place Milk, Vanilla Extract and Sweetener of your choice into a jug and briefly whisk to combine.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stir until everything is well combined and all the oats are coated in the milk mixture.
4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Once chilled, divide into 2-3 bowls.
5. Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats will keep covered in fridge for 3 days. You can also place them in a bowl and microwave them for 1 minute if you prefer them warm.